Tuesday, November 22, 2016

THE FATHER IN MATTHEW (SLV)

THE SPIRIT AND CONTEXT OF THE FATHER AS PRESENTED IN MATTHEW

*  Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father Who is in heaven."
*  Matthew 6:8 - "...your Father knows what things you need, before you ask Him."
*  Matthew 7:21 - "Not every one that says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of My Father Who is in heaven." (See Jn. 6:29).
*  Matthew 10:19-20 - "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what you shall speak: for it shall be given to you in that same hour what you shall speak.  For it is not you that speaks, but the Spirit of your Father Who speaks through you."
*  Matthew 10:32-33 - "Whosoever shall confess faith in Me before men, I will acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven.  But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father in heaven."
*  Matthew 11:27 - "All things are delivered unto Me from My Father:  and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, except the Son, and him to whom the Son will reveal Him."
*  Matthew 16:16-17 - "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.  And Jesus answered and said unto him, you are Blessed, Simon Barjona:  for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father Who is in heaven has revealed it to you."
*  Matthew 18:10, 14 - "Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that in heaven, their angels do always behold the face of My Father Who is in heaven....Even so it is not the will of your Father Who is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."
*  Matthew 23:9 - "And call no man your father upon the earth:  for One is your Father, Who is in heaven."
*  Matthew 24:30, 36 - "And then shall appear My sign in heaven:  and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see Me coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory....But no man knows the day and hour, nor do the angels of heaven, but only My Father knows when I will return."
*  Matthew 26:39 - "And He went a little further, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me:  nevertheless, not My will, but Yours be done."
*  Matthew 28:18-20 - "And Jesus came and said to them, All power is given unto Me in heaven and on earth.  Therefore, go and teach all nations (about Me), and baptize (those who believe in Me) in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of this world. Amen."
 
(SLV = Skip's Lighthouse Version)  A focus based upon the spirit and context of Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment