I would like to suggest that, as the Author, Jesus wrote the "Lamb's Book of Life," in which are the names of all who will trust in Him throughout time. These verses speak of His book:
* Philippians 4:3 - "And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which labored with me in the Gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow-laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life."
* Revelation 3:5 - "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels."
* Revelation 13:8 - "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship Him, whose names are not written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."
* Revelation 17:8 - "The beast that thou saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."
* Revelation 20:12 - "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."
* Revelation 20:15 - "And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."
* Revelation 21:27 - "And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defiles, neither whatsoever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's Book of Life."
* Revelation 22:19 - "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
On the other hand, it is quite possible that those two words state the same idea as the "Alpha and Omega,"; the "First and the Last"; and the "Beginning and the End?" I am sure there are many who could answer my question, but I kind of want to wait until Jesus explains it to me! Soon, very soon, I hope and pray! Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:
now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."