Tuesday, October 10, 2017

WHY WE ARE ALL HYPOCRITES

My problem is not with the Law, for it is spiritual and good.  My problem is with me, for I am all too human, I am constantly struggling with sin.  I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but instead, I find myself doing what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree with the God's Law.  So I am not willingly doing that which is wrong; it is because of my carnal nature that I am drawn to sin.  Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that nothing good lives in me, that is, while I am in this body.  I want to do what is right, but unfortunately, I do the opposite!  I don’t want to do that which I know is wrong, but I find myself doing it anyway.  But if I do what I don’t want to do, I grieve because of my weakness.  

I have discovered this principle of life:  when believers want to do what is right, we often do what is wrong.  I love it when I faithfully obey God’s will for me.  But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind.  This power appeals to my sin nature!  Oh, what a miserable person I am!  Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?  Thank God!  The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.  So as long as I remain in this body, I will struggle, but God has promised that we will one day be freed from this flesh, and will be like Jesus! 

Jesus told His disciples:  "Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I AM, there ye may be also" (Jn. 14:1-3).

In John's first epistle, he wrote:  "Beloved, now are we the (children) of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is" (1 Jn. 3:2)!

The Apostle Paul wrote:  "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  Behold, I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:  for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor. 15:50-53).

No comments:

Post a Comment