Saturday, February 24, 2018

MY UNDERSTANDING OF PSALM 23

THE TWENTY-THIRD PSALM - KING JAMES VERSION

[1] The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
[2] He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul:
[3] He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
[4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
[5] Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
[6] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."


THE TWENTY-THIRD PSALM AS I UNDERSTAND IT

[1] YeHoVaH is my Shepherd (therefore, I am one of His sheep); He meets my needs. 
[2] He insists that I rest where He leads me; I am to rest in the place He feeds me, and He insures that I have safe water to quench my thirst.  
[3] He restores me spiritually.  He leads me to live a holy life so that, in doing so, I have the honor to bringing Him glory!
[4] Yes, even though I live my life with the shadow of death hanging over me, it is just a shadow, and like all shadows, it is harmless; Death itself, cowers in God's light.  The Lord's discipline and guidance give me comfort.
[5] My Shepherd feeds me while those who hate me powerlessly watch.  He pours out His blessings upon me, and I am overwhelmed with joy!
[6] Because of all these things, I know that God's grace and mercy are mine forever, and I will spend eternity in the presence of Almighty God!

THE BIBLE DECLARES THAT BY FAITH IN HIM, I HAVE THESE THINGS:

I hungered and thirsted for His righteousness - I have it! (Mt. 6:33; 2 Cor. 5:21)

I longed to be forgiven for my sins - I have been! (1 Cor. 15:3-4; 1 Jn. 2:2)

I feared death - I have eternal life! (Jn. 1:12; 3:14-15; 1 Jn. 3:2)

I was unable to live a holy life - My Father is still working on that! (Phil. 1:6; Heb. 12:5-8)

And best of all, my salvation is a gift!  (Rom. 5:15-18; 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9)

TODAY MAY BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO TRUST IN JESUS 



No comments:

Post a Comment