Wednesday, July 11, 2018

MORE THOUGHTS ON THE BRIDE OF CHRIST!


THE WIFE OF THE LORD!

Isaiah 54:5-6For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall He be called.  For the LORD has called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when you were refused, says thy God.

[Note:  "LORD" in the Old Testament is YHVH, from which we get the name Jehovah (Ex. 3:14-15; 6:2-3).  It is Jehovah that was seen of men, not Elohim, God Almighty (the Father), as no man has ever seen the Father (Jn. 1:18; 1 Tim. 6:16; 1 Jn. 4:12).  Jesus is Jehovah:  He is Creator (Jn. 1:1-3, 14; Col. 1:16; Heb. 1:1-2)!  He is Redeemer (Gal. 3:13; 1 Pet. 1:18)!  He is the Holy One of Israel (Acts 3:14; 13:35)!]    

Jeremiah 3:12-15Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, you backsliding Israel, says the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you:  for I am merciful, says the LORD, and I will not keep anger forever.  Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that you have transgressed against the LORD thy God, and have scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and you have not obeyed My voice, says the LORD.  Turn, O backsliding children, says the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:  and I will give you pastors according to My heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Hosea 2:19-20 - And I will betroth thee unto Me forever; yea, I will betroth thee unto Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in loving kindness, and in mercies.  I will even betroth thee unto Me in faithfulness:  and thou shalt know the LORD.

2 Corinthians 11:1-2 - Would to God you could bear with me a little in my folly:  and indeed bear with me.  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy:  for I have espoused you to One Husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

THE BRIDE, THE LAMB'S WIFE!

Revelation 21:9-14And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God:  and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of IsraelOn the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.  And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

SOME NOTES ON MATTHEW 25!

[NOTE:  The context of Matthew 25 is that of the Second Coming of Christ.  The Rapture of the Church occurred earlier (Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Th. 1:10; 4:13-18; 5:9; Rev. 4:1)!  The Tribulation, a.k.a. Daniel's Seventieth Week and The Time of Jacob's Trouble, happened earlier (Dan. 9:27; Jer. 30:7; Mt. 24:3-29; Rev. Ch. 6-19)!  However, the identity of the ten virgins as being bridesmaids, is not stated in the Scripture.  Neither is there Scripture that states the  Son of God, Jesus Christ, married the Church in heaven during the Tribulation.  These beliefs are based upon the study of Jewish marriage, as found in the Hebrew tradition.]  

BOTTOM LINE:

I AM SURE THAT MANY OF OUR BIBLE BELIEFS ARE WRONG,
BUT IN MATTERS OF ETERNAL IMPORTANCE, WE CAN BE CERTAIN!

*  WE ARE ALL SINNERS NEEDING A SAVIOR!
*  JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!
*  JESUS WAS BURIED!
*  JESUS AROSE FROM THE GRAVE ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!
*  ALL WHO PLACE THEIR FAITH IN JESUS, WILL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!
*  JESUS IS COMING BACK FOR GOD'S CHILDREN!
*  IN THE MEAN TIME, OUR JOB IS TO SHARE THE WORD WITH OTHERS!



No comments:

Post a Comment