Monday, July 15, 2019

AN ENCOUNTER WITH GOD!


A ROOKIE REPORTER INTERVIEWS GOD!

       Just out of college where he studied Journalism, a rookie reporter received a telephone call from God.  He was told by the Person on the phone, "Almighty God is growing weary of people questioning Him about everything, and has decided to use you to relay His answers to His critics."  The young reporter laughed; after all, someone had to be messing with the new cub, and he was actually kind of tickled that some older co-worker even noticed his presence.  When he stopped laughing, and made nervous by the long silence on the other end of the call, the Person told him it was not a joke, and He reminded him of the Book of Job in the Bible where He and Job had a similar conversation three thousand years earlier.  His smile disappeared and he began to feel a little sick to his stomach, as he considered the magnitude of his first interview.

       A time and place was set by the Caller, and the reporter was told that no cameras or recording devices would be allowed.  He was to bring only a notebook and two pens:  one pen was to be black ink for his questions, and the other was to be red ink for God's responses.  He had one hour to arrive at Room 316 of Paradise Hotel.  He was to come alone, and was to tell no one of the arrangements.

       When he arrived at the hotel, and entered the room, he saw no one.  There was an unusually bright lamp in the corner that literally prevented him from seeing the Person Who greeted him.  What was nausea before, became a near panic attack as fear rolled over him like the breakers at the local beach.  The Voice said, Peace.  Be still.  Suddenly his fear was gone, and he sat in the chair at the table which was obviously meant for him.  After clearing his throat, He asked his first question:  Who are You?

       The Voice answered saying, I AM THAT I AM!   And He added, This is what you shall say, I AM has met with me (Exodus 3:14)!  I AM Jesus Christ, the One Who died for your sins; the One Who was buried for three days; and the One Whom My Father raised from the dead, all as the prophetic Scriptures had said would happen (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)!

       The young man asked God a second question:  What is going to happen next?

       The Voice responded:  I AM going to come get all those who believe in Me, and take them to heaven (John 14:3; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)!  Following that, I AM going to set in motion seven years of My discipline upon those remaining, with the goal of bringing them to repentance and submission to Me as their Lord (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:3-28; Revelation Ch. 6 - 18)!  Then, I will return with the armies of heaven, to defeat My enemies; I will fulfill the prophecies of the renewal of the Davidic Kingdom, which I shall rule for one thousand years (Matthew 24:29 - 25:46; Revelation 19:11 - 20:15)!

       The now trembling reporter asked:  When all these things would begin?

       Believe it or not, the Voice said, I do not know when the sequence will begin; only My Father Who is in heaven knows that; it all could begin this very day (Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32)!  When the time was right for Me to come tell mankind that their Creator loves them enough to offer His Only Begotten Son for their sins, I chose to set aside my Eternal Glory as an equal with My Father, and to become a man that I could die:  as a result, I only know what My Father has revealed to Me (John 3:16-17; 8:28; Romans 5:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-8)!  I do know this:  when the world is like it was in the days of Noah and Lot (Luke 17:26-32), when it is filled with rebellion and anarchy (Romans 1:18-32; 2 Timothy 3:1-5), when few believe in Me (Luke 18:8), it will begin!


       The reporter asked, How can one be saved from all that looms on the horizon?

       In what almost sounded like God was about to weep, He said, If you will publicly declare your faith in Me, and you believe with all your heart that I died for your sins and that My Father raised Me from the dead, you shall receive the gift of eternal life (Romans 6:22-23; 10:9-13; Ephesians 2:8), and be saved from My Father's wrath that is soon coming on this earth (Romans 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 5:9; Revelation 3:10)!

       The reported, himself now weeping, asked why are you telling me all of this, and why do you give Bible references for everything you say?

       The Lord spoke, and the young man almost melted from the love that was in His voice:  It is not My wish that any should perish, but that all of mankind, everywhere, would turn to faith in Me in repentance (2 Peter 3:9)!  The reason I give the Bible references is to show that My love has been from the beginning; that from Genesis to Revelation, I have revealed Myself with My recorded Word (Luke 24:25-27)!  Those who believe in Me are equipped with everything they need to share Me with this lost and dying world!  Have you not read, All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)?

       The reporter cried out, what do you want me to do Lord?

       Trust Me!  Love everyone!  Share what you have heard from Me today!  I will be back soon to get you, but in the mean time, remember, if I have forgiven you, forgive others!
       
       Sadly, no one believed the reporter!



No comments:

Post a Comment