Wednesday, July 10, 2019

BECOMING A CHRISTIAN IS EASY; LIVING LIKE ON IS NOT!


GETTING SAVED IS EASY!

Ephesians 2:4-9But God, Who is rich in mercy (not giving us what we deserve), for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were (spiritually) dead in sins, has quickened us (given us new life) together with Christ; it is by grace (unearned, unmerited favor of God) that you are saved; and has raised us up together, and made us (acceptable, righteous - see 2 Cor. 5:21) so that we sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:  that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.  For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it (salvation) is the gift of God:  not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:4-5But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us....


LIVING LIKE WE ARE SAVED IS NOT!

Romans 7:21-25I find then a law, that, when I would (want to) do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the law of God after the inward (spiritual) man:  but I see another law in my members (my flesh), warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members (my flesh) O wretched man that I am (present tense)!  Who shall (future tense) deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Hebrews 12:5-8And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked of Him:  for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son (child) whom He receives.  If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons (His children); for what son is he whom the father chastens not?  But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons.

1 John 1:8-10If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins (to God), He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.


THOUGH IT IS DIFFICULT, GOD IS AT WORK!

John 14:26-27; 1-3 - But the Comforter, Who is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you:  not as the world gives, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. - - - Let not your heart be troubled:  you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Ephesians 1:12-14; 4:30That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.  In Whom you also trusted, after that you heard the Word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation:  in Whom also after that you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Who is the earnest (down payment; guarantee of payment in full) of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory. - - - And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, by Whom you are sealed unto the day of redemption.


Philippians 1:6; 2:12-13 - Being confident of this very thing, that He Who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ - - - Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out (live out) your own salvation with fear and trembling.  For it is God Who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.


ONE DAY SOON; O GLORIOUS DAY!

Hebrews 13:20-21Now the God of peace, Who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be glory forever and ever.  Amen.

1 John 3:1-2Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (children) of God:  therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.  Beloved, now are we the sons (children) of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment