Sunday, July 14, 2019

AS AN OLD MAN, I AM STILL LEARNING AND BEING HUMBLED BY GOD'S WORD!


HEBREW USES THE SAME WORD FOR HOW WE ARE TO HONOR GOD, 
FOR HOW WE SHOULD HONOR OUR FATHER AND MOTHER!  

Exodus 20:12Honor your father and your mother:  that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Deuteronomy 5:16Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you; that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

The Hebrew word translated "honor" is kabed.  It is also translated "glorify" in:

Psalm 22:23 - You that fear the LORD, praise Him; all you the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and fear Him, all you the seed of Israel.

Psalm 50:15 - And call upon Me in the day of trouble:  I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

Psalm 86:9 - All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord; and shall glorify Your name.


GREEK USES THE SAME WORD FOR HOW WE ARE TO HONOR GOD, 
FOR HOW WE SHOULD HONOR OUR FATHER AND MOTHER!  

Matthew 15:4For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother:  and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.

Matthew 19:19Honor your father and your mother:  and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Mark 7:10For Moses said, Honor your father and your mother; and, Whosoever curses father or mother, let him die the death....

Mark 10:19 - You know the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honor your father and mother.

Ephesians 6:1-3Children, obey your parents in the Lord:  for this is right.  Honor your father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; that it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth.

The Greek word translated "honor" is timao.  It means "to highly esteem; 
to revere; to venerate" as can be seen by its use in our relationship to God!  

John 5:23 That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father.  He that honors not the Son honors not the Father Who sent Him.

John 8:49Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honor My Father, and you do dishonor Me.

John 12:26 - If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be:  if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.


TODAY, I WOULD LIKE TO CONFESS THAT IN LIFE, I HAVE FAILED TO HONOR MY PARENTS (DAD, MOM, STEP-MOM)FOR THAT I AM TRULY SORRYAS AN OLD MAN WITH TWELVE GREAT GRANDCHILDREN, I REALIZE THAT, LIKE ME, THEY DID THEIR VERY BEST TO RAISE ME RIGHTWHILE THEY WERE NOT PERFECT, NEITHER AM I - FAR FROM ITTODAY, I WANT TO THANK GOD FOR MY PARENTSAMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment