Monday, July 22, 2019

SALVATION IS A GIFT; THE SAVED SERVE!


REPENT - TURN TO GOD - THEN DO HIS WORDS!

Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father (notice the works are done by a child of God) Who is in heaven.

Acts 26:9-20 - I (Saul of Tarsus; later the Apostle Paul) verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.  Which things I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.  And I punished them often in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.  Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and those who journeyed with me.  And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?  It is hard for you to kick against the pricks (to resist the Spirit's conviction).  And I said, Who are You, Lord?  And He said, I am Jesus Whom you persecute (if you have done it to the least of these My brethren, you have done it unto Me - Mt. 25:45).  But rise, and stand upon your feet: for I have appeared unto you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of these things which you have seen, and of those things in the which I will appear (later reveal) unto you; delivering you from the people (the Jews), and from the Gentiles, unto whom I now send you, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among those who are sanctified (set apart as holy) by faith that is in Me.  Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  but showed first unto those of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for (that show genuine) repentance.

Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace (God's love for the unworthy - Rom. 5:8) are you saved through faith; and that (it is) not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  not of works, lest any man should boast.  For we (all who are saved by faith) are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God had before ordained that we should walk in them.

Philippians 1:3-6 - I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now; being confident of this very thing, that He Who has begun a good work in you will (continue to) perform it until the day of Jesus Christ....

Titus 3:4-8But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us - - - that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that you affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works.  These things are good and profitable unto men.



TRUE BELIEVERS HAVE BEEN SAVED BY THE FINISHED WORK OF GOD;
OUT OF GRATITUDE, WE WANT TO DO THE WORKS HE LEADS US TO DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment