Thursday, January 5, 2017

GOD WILL GUIDE THOSE WHO WILLINGLY FOLLOW HIM

SEVEN EXAMPLES OF TRUSTING GOD ENOUGH TO FOLLOW HIM

*  Psalm 23:1-6 - "The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures:  He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul:  He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies:  You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

*  Psalm 31:1-3 - "In You, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed:  deliver me in Your righteousness.  Bow down Your ear to me; deliver me speedily:  be my Strong Rock, for a house of defense to save me.  For You are my Rock and my Fortress; therefore for Your name's sake lead me, and guide me."

*  Psalm 73:23-25 - "... I am continually with You:  You have held me by my right hand.  You shall guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire beside You."

*  Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

*  John 14:26 - "But the Comforter, Who is the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

*  John 16:12-13 - "I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now.  Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth:  for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak:  and He will show you things to come."

*  1 Peter 2:21-25 - "For even unto this were you called:  because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:  Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth:  Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him Who judges righteously:  Who by Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:  by Whose stripes you were healed.  For you were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls."        [Note:  All Scripture is from "Skip's Lighthouse Version"]
 
DO YOU WANT TO PLEASE GOD?  ASK YOURSELF, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

No comments:

Post a Comment