The Bible declares that, with the exception of Jesus Christ, all human beings are sinners:
* Hebrews 4:15 - Jesus..."was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
* 2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For He has made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin...."
* Romans 3:10, 23 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
We all need a Savior because, according to God's Word, the punishment for sin is death:
* Ezekiel 18:20 - "The soul that sins, it shall die."
* Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin (that is, the payment for sinning) is death...."
The Bible also says that even while humans were living sinful lives, God still loved us, and that He sent His Son to die for our sin:
* John 3:16-17 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."
* Romans 5:8 - "But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
God offers the free gift of eternal life to those who willingly accept Jesus Christ as their Lord:
* John 3:14-15 - "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
* Romans 6:23 - "...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
* Romans 10:9-10 - "That if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
* Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace (unmerited favor) are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, so that no man can boast."
When people accept Jesus Christ as their Lord, God begins transforming them into the likeness of Christ Himself:
* Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them."
* Philippians 1:6 - "Being confident of this very thing, that He Who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
* 1 John 3:1-2 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."