THE RELIGIOUS MAN'S RIGHTEOUSNESS IS UNACCEPTABLE TO GOD* Isaiah 64:6 - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness is as filthy rags...."
* Romans 10:3 - "For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."
THE HUMBLE MAN LONGS FOR GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS* Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."
* Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness...."
[Note: "Righteousness": Being just; being holy; refers to the state of one who is as he ought to be in the eyes of God, righteousness is the only condition acceptable to God.]
FAITH IN CHRIST, RESULTS IN GOD DECLARING US TO BE RIGHTEOUS* Romans 1:16-17 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."
* Romans 3:22-23 - "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all who believe: for there is no difference: for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
* Romans 4:13 - "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
* Romans 5:18 - "Therefore as by the offence of Adam, judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of Christ, the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."
* Romans 10:9-10 - "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
* 2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For He hath made Christ to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
* 2 Peter 1:1 - "Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ."