RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE STATE OF HIM WHO IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD!
* Isaiah 64:6 - "But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness is like filthy rags...."
* Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for His righteousness: they shall have it.
* Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
* Acts 7:31 - "Because God has appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world according to righteousness by Jesus, Whom He has ordained; God has given assurance unto all men, in that He has raised Him from the dead."
* Romans 1:16-17 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, The righteous shall live by faith."
* Romans 3:21-22 - "But now the righteousness of God has nothing to do with the Law, but it is manifest in Christ and the Law and the Prophets testify that it is true. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ and it is offered to all those who believe in Him: it is available to both Jew and Gentile alike!"
* Romans 4:2-5 - "For if Abraham was declared to be righteous by his works, he would deserve the glory....For what does the Scripture say? Abraham believed God, and he was declared to be righteous. Now to those who work to be righteous, should they achieve a measure of it, then God would owe them a reward; but it is a free gift to those who believe in Christ, and do not try to earn their own righteousness; they believe on Christ, and due to their faith, they are given His righteousness."
* Romans 5:17-18 - "For if by Adam's sin, death passed unto all, much more so, those who receive an abundance of grace and the gift of His righteousness, shall reign in life by Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one, judgment came upon all men to condemnation, likewise, even so, by the righteousness of One, the free gift of His righteousness came upon all who believe, resulting in eternal life."
* 2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For the Father has placed our sin upon His Son, even though He Himself never sinned, so that we might be made the righteousness of God by faith in Him."
MY INTERPRETATION (Skip's Lighthouse Version)