THE QUESTION THAT REVEALS A MAN'S IGNORANCE
* Mark 10:17 - "And when He was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to Him, and asked Him, Good Master, WHAT SHALL I DO that I may inherit eternal life?"
* Luke 10:25 - "And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him, saying, Master, WHAT SHALL I DO to inherit eternal life?"
* John 6:28 - "Then said they unto Him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, that we might work the works of God?"
THE ANSWER IS BY FAITH IN CHRIST, NOT IN WORKS
* John 6:29 - "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that you BELIEVE ON HIM (Jesus) WHOM HE (the Father) HAS SENT."
* Acts 20:32 - "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to (believe) THE WORD OF HIS GRACE, (a gift; unmerited favor) which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."
* Acts 26:17-18 - Jesus told Saul of Tarsus, "I send you to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance among those who are sanctified BY FAITH THAT IS IN ME."
* Romans 8:14-17 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ...."
* Galatians 3:18-22 - For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise....for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the Scripture has concluded all under sin, that the promise BY FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST might be given to those who BELIEVE."
* Colossians 1:12 - "Give thanks unto the Father, Who has made us meet (eligible) to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light."
* 1 Peter 1:3-5 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God THROUGH FAITH unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
* Revelation 21:7 - He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son." (NOTE: "overcoming" is defined in 1 John 5:4 - "For whosoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even OUR FAITH.")