Even from the very beginning, mankind was to trust God and walk with Him in fellowship. Unfortunately, the first man decided to believe Satan instead of God, and Adam died spiritually. But the good news is, God, knowing that mankind would fail to trust and obey Him, offered His only begotten Son as the "payment in full" for the sins of mankind. When John the Baptizer saw Jesus coming, the declared, "Behold the Lamb Who takes away the sin of the whole world!" Jesus, our "Passover Lamb," died for us; believing this, are we not obligated to live our lives to honor Him? Should we not be servants of the Living God?
* Joshua 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
* 1 Samuel 12:20 - And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: you have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart.
* 2 Chronicles 30:8 - Now do not be stiff-necked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the LORD, and enter into His sanctuary, which He has sanctified forever: and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of His wrath may turn away from you.
* Psalm 2:11 - Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
* Psalm 100:2 - Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing.
* Matthew 4:10 - Then Jesus said unto him, Go away Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve.
* John 12:26 - If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor.
* Romans 14:17-18 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things does serve Christ, is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
* Colossians 3:24 - Knowing that of the Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for you serve the Lord Christ.
* Hebrews 9:14 - How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
* Hebrews 12:28 - Wherefore, we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear!
LET THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD SERVE HIM WITH JOY AND GLADNESS!