Monday, September 30, 2019

WHOSE CHILD ARE YOU?

[Note:  All Scripture is based upon the King James Version of the Bible.]

BECOMING A CHILD OF GOD!

John 1:1, 11-14In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . He came unto His own people, and His own people did not accept Him.  But to as many as accepted Him, to them gave He power to become the children of God, even to those who believe on His name:  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3:3-9Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  Nicodemus said unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old?  Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spiritMarvel not that I said unto you, you must be born again.  Just as the wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell from where it is coming, or where it is going:  so it is with every one who is born of the Spirit.  

[Note:  Red represents the physical birth; blue represents being born of God:  that is, the Spiritual birth.]

THE CHILDREN OF GOD COME FROM ALL NATIONS!

John 11:47-52 - Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we?  For this man does many miracles.  If we let Him alone, all men will believe on Him:  and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.  And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, You know nothing at all, nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.  And this spoke he not of himself:  but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; and not for that nation only, but that also He should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Romans 10:9-13 - If you are willing to confess your faith in the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.  For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the Scripture says, Whosoever believes is Jesus shall not be ashamed.  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Gentile:  for the same Lord is rich in mercy and grace unto all who call upon Him.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Galatians 3:22-26But the Scripture has concluded all are guilty of sin, so that the promise which is by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.  But before faith came, we were kept under the Law, ignorant of the faith which would later be revealed.  Therefore the Law was our school master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be made right with God by faith.  But after faith is come, we are no longer under a school master.  For we are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE NOT YET PERFECT!

Romans 7:18-25For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells nothing good:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would I do not:  but the evil which I do not want to do, that I do.  Now if I do that which I do not want to do, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the Law of God after the inward man:  but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from this body of death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 John 3:1-2Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God:  therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.  Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.


FAITH IN JESUS RESULTS IN ETERNAL LIFE!
REJECTION OF HIM RESULTS IN ETERNAL TORMENT!
THE CHOICE IS YOURS; CHOOSE WISELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment