Sunday, October 9, 2016

FROM KNOWING ABOUT GOD, TO KNOWING HIM

Job 1:20-22 - "Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, and said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither:  the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.  In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

Job 2:9-10 - "...his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity?  Curse God, and die.  But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh.  What?  Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?  In all this did not Job sin with his lips."

Job 6:8-10 - "Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for! Even that it would please God to destroy me; that He would let loose His hand, and cut me off!  Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow:  let Him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One."

Job 13:15-18 - "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him: but I will maintain mine own ways before Him.  He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before Him.  Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears.  Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified."

Job 19:25-27 - "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:  and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:  Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."
Job 23:12 - "Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

Job 42:1-6 - "Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that Thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from Thee.  Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.  Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of Thee, and declare Thou unto me.  I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth Thee.  Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

Job 42:12, 16-17 - "So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning....After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.  So Job died, being old and full of days."

No comments:

Post a Comment