VERSES WHICH DECLARE JESUS TO BE GOD
* Jn. 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
* John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."
* Jn. 5:18 - "For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God."
* Jn. 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."
[Note: In the Greek, "He" is not there.]
* Jn. 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"
[Note: Ex. 3:14, "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"]
* Jn. 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."
* Jn. 20:28 - "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
* Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."
* Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
* Heb. 1:8 - "But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."
[Note: Quoted from Ps. 45:6, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom."
VERSES WHICH SHOW JESUS ACCEPTED WORSHIP BY MEN
* Mt. 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."
[Note: Jesus declared on God was to receive worship in Mt. 4:10, "Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.'"* Mt. 2:11, "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."
* Mt. 14:33, "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"
* Mt. 28:9, "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."
* Jn. 9:35-38, "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."
* Heb. 1:6, "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"
Matt Slick is affiliated with C.A.R.M. - The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.