* John 6:28-29 - "Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him Whom He has sent." [Note: The only "work" God wants from unbelievers, is to believe in His Son.]
* John 8:39 - "They answered and said unto Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham." [Note: The works of Abraham resulted from his faith in God; "Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (see Rom. 4:3; Gal. 3:6; Jam. 2:23).]
* John 14:12 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father." [Note: There are two reasons believers today have the potential to do mightier works than Jesus: 1) John 16:7 - "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you." and 2) John 20:29 - "Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."]
* Acts 26:19-20 - "Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: but showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works that show repentance." [Note: Those who have truly repented and turned to faith in God, will manifest their faith by doing good works; they will show them by the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23; Mt. 7:15-20)!]
* Galatians 2:16 - "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified." [Note: "Justified" means "to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be" it is the work of God for man (Rom. 8:30).]
* Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." [Note: Salvation is a free gift to all who will call Jesus Lord (Rom. 5:15-18; 10:9-10; 2 Tim. 1:9).]
* Titus 3:5, 8 - "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; this is a faithful saying, and these things I will that you affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men." [Note: Again, good works, those believers are led by the Spirit to do, are evidence of salvation (Jam. 2:17-20).]
The only good works are those which are done in obedience to the Spirit!