For many years, I have been concerned about the message the Church is preaching to the lost world, and the Lordship of Jesus Christ has been totally ignored! People say, "I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was younger, but over time, I came to know Him as my Lord." Sounds good, right? Well it is not! The message of the Church, from its very beginnings, was that "Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, and that He was raised again from the dead according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:3-4). That, after all, IS the Gospel, right? It is, but something about that message seems to be missing. The passage goes on to identify the risen Christ as the Lord (Jesus is called Lord 50 times in 1 Corinthians, and 4 of those are found in chapter 15)! We read in 1 Corinthians 6:14, "And God hath both raised up THE LORD...." He was raised from the dead to rule over His body, which is the Church (Eph. 4:15; 5:23; Col. 1:18; 2:10; etc.)! In Luke's writings, there are numerous examples of him recognizing the Lordship of Christ:
* Luke 24:3 - "And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus."
* Acts 1:21 - "...all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us."
* Acts 4:33 - "...the resurrection of the Lord Jesus...."
* Acts 7:59 - "...Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
* Acts 9:29 - "And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus...."
* Acts 11:17 - "...who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ...."
* Acts 11:20 - "...spoke unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus."
* Acts 15:11 - "...through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved...."
* Acts 15:26 - "...have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
* Acts 16:31 - "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...."
* Acts 19:5 - "...they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."
* Acts 19:10 - "...Asia heard the Word of the Lord Jesus...."
* Acts 19:17 - "...the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified."
* Acts 20:21 - "...repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."
* Acts 20:24 - "...I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel...."
* Acts 20:35 - "...remember the words of the Lord Jesus...."
* Acts 21:13 - "...to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
* Acts 28:30-31 - "And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him."
Finally, look at what the Apostle Paul wrote concerning how one is born again:
"That if thou shalt CONFESS (tell others of your faith in Him) with thy mouth THE LORD JESUS, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man BELIEVES unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Rom. 10:9-10)!!!!!!!