THE BELIEVER'S GOAL
* John 5:14 - "Afterward Jesus findeth Him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."
* John 8:11 - "She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
* 1 Corinthians 15:34 - "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."
* Ephesians 4:26-27 - "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil."
* 2 Timothy 2:19 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
* 1 John 2:1 - "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."
DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED WHEN YOU FAIL
* 1 John 3:1-3 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure."
WHILE WE WAIT TO BE CHANGED INTO HIS LIKENESS
* Romans 13:8-10 - "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the Law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the Law."
* Galatians 5:13-14 - "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the Law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."