WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?According to the Apostle Paul, the Gospel message is the "power of God unto salvation" (Rom. 1:16)! In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Paul wrote: "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures!"
WHAT DID THE GOSPEL WRITERS EMPHASIZE?Matthew 28:6 says, "He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." Mark 16:6 says, "And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: He is risen; He is not here: behold the place where they laid Him." Luke 24:6 says, "He is not here, but is risen: remember how He spoke unto you when He was yet in Galilee?" And John 20:16 quotes the risen Lord: "Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto Him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."
HERE ARE JUST A FEW REFERENCES TO THE RESURRECTION!* John 5:28-29 - "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."
* John 11:25 - "Jesus said unto her, I AM the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."
* Acts 2:21-32 - "(David) seeing this before spoke of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses."
* Acts 4:33 - "And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."
* Romans 1:4 - "And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead."
* Romans 6:4-5 - "Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection."
* 1 Corinthians 15:21 - "For since by (Adam) came death, by (Jesus) came also the resurrection of the dead."
* 1 Peter 1:3-5 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
* Revelation 20:5-6 - "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."
UP FROM THE GRAVE HE AROSE, A MIGHTY TRIUMPH OER HIS FOES!