THE GOSPEL MESSAGE THAT HAS THE POWER TO SAVE THE LOST
[Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1]
JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS:
* 1 Corinthians 15:3 - "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures."
* Galatians 1:3-4 - "...our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father."
* 1 John 2:1-2 - "Jesus Christ the righteous...is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." [Note: According to Rom. 6:23, "the wages (payment due) for sins is death." "Propitiation" means "the full satisfaction of our debt."]
* 1 John 4:10 - "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
JESUS WAS BURIED:
* 1 Corinthians 15:4 - "...He was buried..."
* Matthew 27:59-60 - "And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed."
* Mark 15:44-46 - "And Pilate...gave the body to Joseph. And he bought fine linen, and took Him down, and wrapped Him in the linen, and laid Him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulcher."
* Luke 23:53 - "And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid."
* John 19:41-42 - "Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand."
JESUS WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD:
* 1 Corinthians 15:4 - "...He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."
* Matthew 28:5-6 - "And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, Who was crucified. He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
* Mark 16:6 - "And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, Who was crucified: He is risen; He is not here: behold the place where they laid Him."
* Luke 24:5-6 - "...Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: remember how He spoke unto you when He was yet in Galilee."
* John 20:16 - "Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto Him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."
"...BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED...."