THE GOSPEL HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
1. All of us have sinned (Rom. 3:23).
2. The penalty for sin is death (Rom. 6:23a).
3. However, Christ died in our place (Rom. 5:8).
4. God, accepting Christ's death on our behalf, has offered us the free gift of salvation (Rom. 6:23b).
5. If we truly believe Jesus died for our sins; that He was buried; and that His Father raised Him from the dead to be our Lord, we will want to tell others (Rom. 10:8-13; 1 Cor. 15:1-4)!
True faith will result in repentance from sin and surrender to God! Here are a few examples of faith in the lives of believers:
* Acts 15:9 - "...purifying their hearts by faith."
* Acts 26:18 - "...among them who are sanctified by faith that is in Me."
* Romans 1:27 - "...the just shall live by faith."
* Romans 3:22, 28 - "...the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe...a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law."
* Romans 5:1-2 - "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand...."
* Galatians 3:24, 26 - "Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith....For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
* Ephesians 3:17 - "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith...."
* Philippians 3:9 - "...be found in Him, not having my own righteousness...but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith."
* Hebrews 10:38 - "Now the just shall live by faith...."
* Hebrews 11:4 - "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice...."
* Hebrews 11:5 - "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death...."
* Hebrews 11:7 - "By faith Noah...prepared an ark...."
* Hebrews 11:17 - "By faith Abraham...offered up Isaac...."
* Hebrews 11:27 - "By faith Moses forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king...."
* Hebrews 11:30 - "By faith the walls of Jericho fell down...."
* Hebrews 11:31 - "By faith the harlot Rahab perished not...."
God's offer: "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2:8-9).
Our response: "If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation....For whomsoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Rom. 10:9-10, 13).