ALL OF US ARE ON "DEATH ROW!"The Bible says that you and I are sinners (Rom. 3:23; 5:12)! It says that the penalty for sin is death (Ezek. 18:20; Rom. 6:23)! And, it says that because we all sin, we all have an appointment with death (Heb. 9:27)!
* Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God!"
* Romans 5:12 - "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned!"
* Ezekiel 18:20 - "The soul that sinneth, it shall die!"
* Romans 6:23 - "The wages of sin is death!"
* Hebrews 9:27 - "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment!"
THE BEST WE CAN DO IS TO "BEG FOR MERCY!"Mercy has been defined as a person "not getting what he deserves." It includes clemency, or the pardoning of one found guilty (Ps. 51:1). Because God loves us, He wants to show mercy toward us (Hos. 6:6; Mt. 9:13; 12:7)! His mercy toward sinners was manifest in Him sending His only begotten Son to die in our place (Jn. 3:16; 1 Cor. 15:3-4: 1 Jn. 2:2)!
* Psalm 51:1 - "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy loving-kindness: according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."
* Hosea 6:6 - "For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."
* Matthew 9:13 - "But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
* Matthew 12:7 - "But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless."
* John 3:16-17 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."
* 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 - "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."
* 1 John 2:2 - "And He is the propitiation (satisfaction of a debt; "paid in full") for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
IT IS ONLY AFTER WE ACCEPT GOD'S MERCY, THAT WE RECEIVE HIS GRACE!
Grace has been defined as a person "getting something they do not deserve." Grace is a free gift; our salvation cannot be earned by religious works (Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9).* Romans 10:9-10 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
* Ephesians 2:8-9 - " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
GOD OFFER HIS SON TO DIE IN OUR PLACE!
JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD TO BE LORD OVER THOSE WHO BELIEVE!