|The Old Testament Feast of Passover pictured the sacrifice of Christ, Whose blood cleanses believers of their sin, just as the Feast of Unleavened Bread was a picture of Jesus as the sinless Lamb of God, and the Feast of First Fruits pictured the Lord's Resurrection. These verses help us make the connection between the prophetic nature of the Feast of Passover:|
* Exodus 12:11, 13 - "And thus shall you eat (the lamb); with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's Passover....And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where you are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt."
* Matthew 26:2 - "You know that after two days is the feast of the Passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified."
* John 1:29, 36 - "The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, Who taketh away the sin of the world....And looking upon Jesus as He walked, he said, Behold the Lamb of God!"
* Romans 5:8-9 - "But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."
* 1 Corinthians 5:7 - "....For even Christ, our Passover, is sacrificed for us."
* Ephesians 1:7 - Jesus Christ, "in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."
* Revelation 7:14 - "....And he said to me, These are those who came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
* Revelation 12:11 - "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."
THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST,
HAVE BEEN WASHED IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB OF GOD!