Wednesday, February 8, 2017

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

THE GOOD:  ONLY GOD IS GOOD!
*  Psalm 34:8 - "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in Him."
*  Psalm 100:5 - "For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endures to all generations."
*  Psalm 135:3 - "Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good:  sing praises unto His name; for it is pleasant."
*  Jeremiah 33:11 - "The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for His mercy endures forever...."
*  Nahum 1:7 - "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him."
*  Matthew 19:17 - "And He said unto him, Why do you call Me good?   There is none good but one, He is God...."

THE BAD:  ALL MEN ARE "BAD!"
*  Jeremiah 17:9 - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
*  Matthew 7:11 - "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him?"
*  Matthew 9:4 - "And Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, Why do you think evil in your hearts?"
*  Matthew 15:19-20 - "For out of the heart proceeds evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, blasphemy:  These are the things which defile a man:  but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man."
*  Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
*  Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

THE UGLY:  BELIEVERS ARE "UGLY" UNTIL THEY "LOOK LIKE JESUS!"
*  Romans 7:14-25 - "For we know that the Law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  For that which I do, I allow not:  for what I would, that I do not do; but what I hate, that I do.  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the Law that it is good.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would do, I do not:  but the evil which I would not do, that I do.  Now if I do that which I would not do, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the Law of God after the inward man:  but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my membersO wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."  [Note Paul is speaking in the present tense!]

THE BELIEVER'S FUTURE METAMORPHOSIS
*  1 John 3:2 - "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."  [Note that John is speaking of our being like Christ in the future tense!]




No comments:

Post a Comment