THE FEAST OF WEEKS - THE FEAST OF WAVE LOAVES - THE FEAST OF PENTECOST
* Leviticus 23:15-17, 20-21 - And you shall count from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: even unto the day after the seventh Sabbath (the first day of the week), you shall number fifty days; and you shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. You shall bring out of your homes two wave loaves of two tenths (two tithes-worth): they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven; they are the first-fruits unto the LORD. And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first-fruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. And you shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be a sacred assembly unto you: you shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute forever in all your homes throughout your generations.
THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
* Matthew 28:1 - At the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
* Mark 16:2, 9 - And very early on the morning of the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven devils.
* Luke 24:1 - Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others were with them.
* John 20:1, 19 - Early on the first day of the week, when it was yet dark, Mary Magdalene went unto the sepulchre, and she saw the stone was taken away from the sepulcher. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples has assembled for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.
THE BIRTH OF THE CHURCH AND THE WEEKLY ASSEMBLY OF BELIEVERS
* Acts 2:1, 47 - And when the Feast of Pentecost was fully come (the first day of the week following the seven Sabbaths), they were all with one accord in one place. Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the Church daily those whom He had saved.
* Acts 20:7 - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, he being ready to depart the next day; and he continued his speech until midnight.
* 1 Corinthians 16:2 - Upon the first day of the week, let every one of you bring your offering, as God has prospered you, so that there be no need for a collection when I come.