Sunday, December 31, 2017

CHRISTIANITY: CANNIBALISM OR COMMUNION WITH GOD

JOHN 6:48-63 - REQUIRES SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING

[48] I AM (The) Bread of Life.  [See also:  John 6:35]
[49] Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
[50] This is The Bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
[51] I AM The Living Bread which came down from heaven:  if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live forever:  and The Bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
[52] The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us His flesh to eat?
[53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you.
[54] Whosoever eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
[55] For My Flesh is meat indeed, and My Blood is drink indeed.
[56] He that eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, dwells in Me, and I in him.
[57] As the living Father has sent Me, and I live by the Father:  so he that eats Me, even he shall live by Me.
[58] This is that Bread which came down from heaven:  not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead:  he that eats of this Bread shall live forever.
[59] These things said He in the synagogue, as He taught in Capernaum.
[60] Many therefore of His disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
[61] When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples murmured at it, He said unto them, Does this offend you?
[62] What and if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before?
[63] It is the Spirit Who (makes alive); the flesh profits nothing: 
THE WORDS I SPEAK UNTO YOU, THEY ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE.

THE SCRIPTURES INTERPRET THEMSELVES

Matthew 26:26-28  
[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My Body.
[27] And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink you all of it;
[28] For this is My Blood of the New (Covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24 
[22] And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is My Body.
[23] And He took the cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
[24] And He said unto them, This is My Blood of the New (Covenant), which is shed for many.

Luke 22:19-20 
[19] And He took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My Body which is given for you:  this do in remembrance of Me.
[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the New (Covenant) in My Blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26
[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread:
[24] And when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, Take, eat:  this is My Body, which is broken for you:  this do in remembrance of Me.
[25] After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the New (Covenant) in My Blood:  this do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.
[26] For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death till He come.

[Note:  I have replaced the word "testament" with the word "covenant" for two reasons:  1)  Today we think of the New Testament as the last 27 books of the Bible; Jesus was not referring to the Bible; and 2)  the Greek διαθήκη (diathēkē), which occurs 33 times in the Greek New Testament, is translated "covenant" 20 times and "testament" only 13.]

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy (Spirit) teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God:  for they are foolishness unto him:  neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

IN OTHER WORDS, TO UNDERSTAND GOD'S WORD,
ONE MUST BE BORN AGAIN!






No comments:

Post a Comment