Friday, December 15, 2017

DO NOT JUDGE A PERSON BASED UPON A FEW FAILURES!

MARTHA'S MISPLACED FOCUS
Luke 10:38-42 - "Now it came to pass, as they went, that He entered into a certain village:  and a certain woman named Martha received Him into her house.  And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard His Word.  But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to Him, and said, Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone?  Bid her therefore that she help me.  And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, you are careful and troubled about many things:  but one thing is needful:  and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

MARTHA'S RIGHTLY PLACED FAITH
John 11:19-22 - "And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.  Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him:  but Mary sat still in the house.  Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if You had been here, my brother (would not have) died.  But I know, that even now, whatsoever You will ask of God, God will give it (unto You)."

THOMAS' LACK OF FAITH
John 20:24-25 - "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  But he said unto them, Except I shall see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe."

THOMAS' STRONG FAITH
John 11:14-16 - "Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.  And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent (that you) may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.  Then said Thomas, who is called Didymus, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with Him."
John 20:28 - "And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God." 

PETER'S COWARDICE
Matthew 26:33-34, 69-74 - "Peter answered and said unto Him, Though all men shall be offended because of You, yet will I never be offended.  Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto you, that this night, before the cock crow, you shall deny me (three times)....Now Peter sat (in the courtyard of) the palace:  and a damsel came unto him, saying, You also were with Jesus of Galilee.  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what (you are saying).  And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.  And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.  And after a while came unto him those who stood by, and said to Peter, Surely you also are one of them; for your speech betrays you.  Then (he began) to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man.  And immediately the cock (did crow)."

PETER'S COURAGE
Matthew 14:24-29 - "And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.  And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.  But straightway Jesus spoke unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.  And Peter answered Him and said, Lord, if it be You, bid me come unto You on the water.  And He said, Come.  And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus."
Acts 2:14, 22-24 - "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, You men of Judaea, and all you who dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words....You men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of you, as you yourselves also know:  Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:  Whom God has raised up, having loosed the pains of death:  because it was not possible that He should be (held by) it."

TO MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS:
DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY YOUR LAPSES OF FAITH!
HE WHO HAS BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU,
WILL SEE THAT IT IS COMPLETE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment