Sunday, December 3, 2017

THE TESTIMONY OF THREE WITNESSES: JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD!

THREE WITNESSES TO JESUS BEING THE SON OF GOD

Deuteronomy 19:15 - "...at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established."

THE TESTIMONY OF THE TRINITY 

Matthew 3:16-17 - "And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him:  and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I AM well pleased."

Matthew 17:5 - "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them:  and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I AM well pleased; (listen to) Him."

Matthew 27:43 - "He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now, if He will have Him:  for He said, I AM the Son of God."

Mark 1:11 - "And there came a voice from heaven, saying, You are My Beloved Son, in Whom I AM well pleased."

Mark 9:7 - "And there was a cloud that overshadowed them:  and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is My Beloved Son:  hear Him."

Luke 3:22 - "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, You are My Beloved Son; in You I AM well pleased."

Luke 9:35 - "And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is My Beloved Son:  hear Him."
Luke 22:70 - "Then said they all, Are You then the Son of God?  And He said unto them, You say that I AM.  And they said, What need we any further witness?  For we ourselves have heard of His own mouth."
[Note:  According to Matthew Henry, this phrase should be:  "I AM as you say." The reaction of His accusers clearly supports this.]

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Do you believe on the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?  And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen Him, and it is He that talks with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him."

John 10:36 - "Say you of Him, Whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I AM the Son of God?"

John 19:7 - "The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God."

1 John 5:7 - "For there are three that bear record in heaven, The Father, The Word, and The Holy Ghost: and these three are One."
[Note:  The verses written here contain the testimony of both the Father and the Word (Jesus, the Son of God!  The Holy Ghost inspired the writers to write them - see 2 Peter 1:21.]

1 John 5:13 - "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life...."

BELIEVE IN THE CRUCIFIED, BURIED, AND RESURRECTED SON OF GOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment