Friday, March 23, 2018

WHEN YOU TURN TO GOD, YOU ARE TURNING YOUR BACK ON SIN!

FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION: 
GOD IS CALLING SINNERS TO REPENT!

1 Kings 8:33-36 - When Thy people Israel be smitten down before the enemy, because they have sinned against Thee, and shall turn again to Thee, and confess Thy name, and pray, and make supplication unto Thee in this house:  then hear Thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of Thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which Thou gave unto their fathers.  When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against Thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess Thy name, and turn from their sin, when Thou afflict them:  then hear Thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of Thy servants, and of Thy people Israel, that Thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk, and give rain upon Thy land, which Thou hast given to Thy people for an inheritance.

2 Chronicles 7:12-14 - And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to Myself for an house of sacrifice.  If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people; if My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Jeremiah 18:6-8 - O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter says the LORD?   Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in Mine hand, O house of Israel.  At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Luke 13:1-5 - There were present at that season some that told Him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.  And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perishOr those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 17:3-4 - Take heed to yourselves:  if thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive himAnd if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Luke 24:45-47 - Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures, and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 26:15-20 - And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus Whom you persecute.  But rise, and stand upon thy feet:  for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me.  Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  but showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

THOSE WHO KNOW THEY ARE SEPARATED FROM GOD BY SIN, 
AND ARE AWARE THAT JESUS DIED FOR THEIR SINS,
WILL BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO TURN FROM SIN TO SERVE THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment