IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN* Romans 9:31-32 - "But Israel, which followed after the Law of righteousness, hath not attained to the Law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that stumbling-stone
* Romans 10:3-4 - "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth."
* Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."
SALVATION IS A GIFT FROM GOD TO ALL WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS
* Galatians 2:16 - "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
* Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For by grace (unmerited favor) are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
* Philippians 3:9 - "And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the Law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith."
ALL WHO ARE SAVED BY FAITH IN CHRIST, SHOULD SHOW EVIDENCE OF IT!
* Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." [Note: He is speaking to a child of the Father]
* Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
* 1 Timothy 2:9-10 - "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shame-facedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but that which becometh women professing godliness with good works."
* 1 Timothy 6:17-18 - "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; that they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate."
* 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
* Titus 2:12-14 - "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
* Hebrews 10:24 - "And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works."
* 1 Peter 2:12 - "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation."
WARNING TO BELIEVERS
* 2 Timothy 2:19 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."