THE GOSPEL MESSAGE HAS THE POWER TO BRING SINNERS TO
REPENTANCE AND TO FAITH TOWARD GOD!
* 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 - "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." [Jesus died as our Savior; He rose as our Lord!]
* Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Gentile)."
REPENTANCE (TURNING TO FOLLOW THE LORD)* Luke 5:32 - "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
* Acts 20:21 - "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."
* Acts 20:26 - "But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance."
* 2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."
* Hebrews 6:1-2 - "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."
* 2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
REMISSION OF SINS (FORGIVENESS OF SINS)
* Matthew 26:28 - "For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
* Acts 10:48 - "To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."
* Hebrews 9:22 - "And almost all things are by the Law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."
* Hebrews 10:16-18 - " This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin."
THOSE WHO BELIEVE THE GOSPEL MESSAGE, OUT OF GRATITUDE, TURN FROM A LIFE OF SIN, AND FOLLOW JESUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR!