1. FEAR OF THE LORD'S JUDGMENT.
* 1 Kings 8:35 - "When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against Thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess Thy name, and turn from their sin, when Thou afflictest them."* 2 Chronicles 7:14 - "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
* Isaiah 59:20 - "And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD."
* Jeremiah 18:8 - "If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them."
* Jeremiah 44:5 - "But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense unto other gods."
* Ezekiel 18:21 - "But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all My statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die."
* Ezekiel 33:19 - "But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby."
* Daniel 9:13 - "As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand Thy truth."
2. GRATITUDE FOR THE LORD'S GOODNESS.Luke 5:32 - "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Luke 15:10 - "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth."
Luke 24:47 - "And that repentance AND remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Acts 5:31 - "Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."
Acts 11:18 - "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."
Acts 20:21 - "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."
Acts 26:20 - "But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God...."
Romans 2:4 - "Or despisest thou the riches of His goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?"
2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."
Hebrews 6:1 - "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God"
2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
JESUS DIED TO BE OUR SAVIOR. HE ROSE TO BE OUR LORD!