OLD TESTAMENT EXAMPLES* Genesis 15:6 - "And he believed in the LORD; and He counted it to him for righteousness."
* Exodus 14:31 - "And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and His servant Moses.
* Psalm 13:5 - "But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation."
* Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
* Isaiah 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation."
* Jeremiah 17:7 - "Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is."
* Nahum 1:7 - "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him."
NEW TESTAMENT EXAMPLES* Acts 16:29-31 - "Then he...brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...."
* 2 Corinthians 1:9-10 - "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God Who raises the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver: in Whom we trust that He will yet deliver us."
* Ephesians 1:12-13 - "That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ. In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise."
* 1 Timothy 4:10 - "For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe."
* Hebrews 2:12-13 - "Saying, I will declare Thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the Church will I sing praise unto Thee. And again, I will put my trust in Him...."
* 1 Peter 1:18-21 - "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold....But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by Him do believe in God, Who raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God."
* 1 John 5:13 - "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...."
TRUST / BELIEVE: A DIFFERENCE WITHOUT A DISTINCTION!