BECOMING A CHILD OF GOD* Acts 4:10, 12 - "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole....Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
* John 1:11-12 - "(Jesus) came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the (children) of God, even to them that believe on His name."
* Romans 10:9-10 - "...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
* Galatians 3:26 - "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD BY ADOPTION* Romans 8:15 - "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
* Ephesians 1:2-6 - "Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: according as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in The Beloved."
AS HIS ADOPTED CHILDREN, WE HAVE GOD AS OUR FATHER* Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father Who is in heaven."
* Matthew 6:1 - "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father Who is in heaven."
* Matthew 7:11 - "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?"
* Matthew 18:14 - "Even so it is not the will of your Father Who is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."
* Luke 6:36 - "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."
* Luke 12:32 - "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
* John 20:17 - "Jesus saith unto her, Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God."
SOMETIMES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE WE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN!* 1 John 3:1-2 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the (children) of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."