Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SEEING GOD: AS I UNDERSTAND IT

NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST
*  John 1:18 - "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him."
*  1 John 4:12 - "No man hath seen God at any time.  If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us."

MANY MISTAKENLY BELIEVE SOME HAVE SEEN THE FATHER
*  Genesis 3:8-10 - "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day:  and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.  And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?  And he said, I heard Thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."
*  Genesis 5:24 - "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."
*  Genesis 6:9 - "These are the generations of Noah:  Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
*  Genesis 32:30 - "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel:  for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
*  Judges 13:22 - "And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God."

IF THEY HAVE NOT SEEN THE FATHER, WHO DID THEY SEE?
*  John 14:9 - "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip?  He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"
*  1 Timothy 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:  God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
*  Hebrews 1:1-3 - "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."


YES, JESUS IS GOD AND WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH
*  John 1:1-3, 14 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The Same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."


JESUS IS LORD!  
"LORD" is defined as "I AM" in Exodus 3:14, which says, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."  Later, Jesus would identify Himself as the I AM in John 8:58 - "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."  His enemies knew He was calling Himself God, and they were going to stone Him to death!  So, in other words, I believe the 6000 plus times the LORD (all caps) appears in the Old Testament, it is referring to Jesus, not the Father!

JESUS:  CREATOR OF ALL THERE IS; THE I AM; GOD MANIFEST IN THE FLESH; SAVIOR OF ALL WHO BELIEVE; KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS! 









No comments:

Post a Comment