IT IS BELIEVING IN JESUS THAT SAVES US* John 3:18, 36 - "He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God....He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
* John 6:35, 47 - "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst....Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.
* John 7:38 - "He that believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
* John 11:25 - "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."
* John 12:44 - "Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not (just) on Me, but (also) on Him Who sent Me."
* John 14:12 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father."
* 1 John 5:5, 10 - "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.
JESUS, THE ROCK UPON WHOM GOD IS BUILDING HIS CHURCH* Matthew 16:18 - "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (a small stone), and upon this Rock (foundation) I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." [Note: None of the other Gospel accounts mention this - Mark 8:27-29; Luke 9:18-20; John 6:66-71].
* Isaiah 28:16 - "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste."
* Romans 9:33 - "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumbling-stone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed."
* 1 Corinthians 3:11 - "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
* 1 Peter 2:6 which reads: "Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded."