WHAT DOES GOD REQUIRE OF HIS CHILDREN?* Micah 6:8 - "He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
YOU CAN HUMBLE YOURSELF, OR GOD WILL DO IT FOR YOU!* Proverbs 15:33 - "The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
* Proverbs 18:12 - "Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility."
* Proverbs 22:4 - "By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life."
* Matthew 18:4 - "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
* Matthew 23:12 - "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."
* Colossians 3:12-13 - "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."
* James 4:6-7 - "...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
* 1 Peter 5:5-7 - "Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."
JESUS, THE SON OF GOD, IS THE GREATEST EXAMPLE OF ALL* Philippians 2:5-11 - "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.