"RIGHTEOUSNESS" DEFINED: "HOLY, JUST, SINLESS, THE STATE OF HIM WHO IS AS HE OUGHT TO BE; THE ONLY STATE WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD."
* Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are they which do HUNGER AND THIRST AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS: for they shall be filled."
* Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS; and all these things shall be added unto you."
* Romans 1:16-17 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. FOR THEREIN IS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD REVEALED from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
* Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE!"
* Romans 3:25-26 - Jesus, "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, TO DECLARE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
* Romans 5:17-18 - "For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so BY THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF ONE THE FREE GIFT CAME upon all men unto justification of life."
* Romans 10:3 - "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THEMSELVES UNTO THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD." .
* Romans 10:9-10 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. FOR WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
* 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 - "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; THAT WE MIGHT BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in Him."
* Philippians 3:9 - "And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH."