IF ONLY ADAM AND EVE HAD KNOWN
* Genesis 3:3 - Eve misquotes the Word of God.
- Eve said, "But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said,
Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
- God said, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in
the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die - Genesis 2:17.
[Note: Because Eve did not die when she touched the forbidden fruit, she believed Satan.]
* Genesis 3:4 - Satan calls God a liar.
- God cannot lie - Titus 1:2.
- Satan is the father of lies - John 8:44.
* Genesis 2:17 - When God said "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die,"
- God was not referring to physical death for Adam lived to be 930 years old - Genesis 5:5.
- God was referring to spiritual death.
- Adam was created in the image and likeness of God - Genesis 1:26.
- Even believers are not like God until we see Jesus face-to-face - 1 John 3:2.
- One evidence of Adam's spiritual death is he hid from God - Genesis 3:8.
- Another is that God needed to sacrifice animals to cover them - Genesis 3:21.
* Genesis 3:16-19 - There are consequences for disobeying God's Word!
- Women would suffer in childbirth - Genesis 3:16.
- Men would struggle to provide food for the family - Genesis 3:17-19.
DO YOU KNOW GOD'S WORD WELL ENOUGH TO RESIST SATAN?