THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS A GOOD PLACE TO START* Psalm 111:10 - "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth forever."
* Proverbs 9:10 - "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
* Proverbs 14:27 - "The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
* Proverbs 15:33 - "The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
* Deuteronomy 6:13 - "Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve Him, and shalt swear by His name."
* Joshua 4:24 - "That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God forever."
* Psalm 22:23 - "Ye that fear the LORD, praise Him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify Him; and fear Him, all ye the seed of Israel."
* Psalm 33:8 - "Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him."
* Proverbs 3:7 - "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."
THOSE WHO TRUST IN JESUS HAVE NO REASON TO FEAR* Luke 12:7, 32 - "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows....Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
* 1 John 4:15-19 - "Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love Him, because He first loved us."
* Revelation 1:17 -18 - "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
IN FACT, THOSE WHO ARE FEARFUL REVEAL THEIR LACK OF FAITH* Revelation 21:7-8 - "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. But the fearful, and unbelieving...shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."