Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (Jn. 1:1; 1 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:3)! Jesus is both Master and Lord (Jn. 13:13)! Jesus is the Creator of all there is (Jn. 1:1-3; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2)! Jesus not only deserves our faithful obedience, but it is His will:
* Luke 6:46 - "And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"
* John 9:31 - "Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, AND doeth His will, him He heareth."
* Acts 5:29-32 - "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, Whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey Him."
* Acts 21:14 - "And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done."
* Romans 6:11-13 - "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."
* Ephesians 5:17 - "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."
* 2 Timothy 2:19 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
* Titus 2:11-14 - "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
* 1 Peter 4:1-2 "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God."