I am confused! Why is it that I am criticized for my view that born again believers recognize that they are to submit themselves to God? When did evangelical Christians decide that acknowledging the historical fact that Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, and that God raised Him from the dead according to the Scriptures (1 Cor. 15:1-4), was all one needs to know to be saved? It is as though they have selected those four verses as "the Gospel truth" (pardon the pun), and ignored the rest of the entire Bible, four books of which are called Gospels! And how can they ignore the fact that Jesus is called "Lord," "Master," "God," "Creator," and "the Son of God"?And what do they do with these verses?
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN BELIEVERS* John 14:17 - "...He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
* John 16:13 - "Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth...."
* Ephesians 4:30 - "And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, by Whom ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."
WE ARE CALLED TO OBEY BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON* Matthew 7:21 - [Obey My Father] "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Who is in heaven."
* Luke 6:46 - [Obey Me] "And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"
* Acts 5:29 - "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."
* Acts 5:32 - "And we are His witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, Whom God hath given to them that obey Him."
* Hebrews 5:9 - "And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him."
* James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
* 1 John 2:3-4 "And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
* 1 John 5:3 - "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous."
THE GOSPEL REVEALS WHO IS LORD AND WHO ARE HIS SERVANTS* Mark 1:1 - "The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God...."
* Luke 23:42-43 - "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise."
* Acts 4:29 - "And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto Thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak Thy Word."
* Romans 1:1 - "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God...."
* Romans 6:22 - "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
* 2 Timothy 2:24 - "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men...."
* James 1:1 - "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."