Tuesday, August 8, 2017

BELIEVERS ARE SAVED TO SERVE

The Apostle Paul wrote that our salvation is a free gift given to us according to God's grace; it cannot be earned (Rom. 5:6-19)!  In Ephesians 2:8-9, he wrote:  "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  not of works, lest any man should boast."  And yet, even though salvation is free to all who believe the Gospel (1 Cor. 15:3-4), the Lord knows those who trust Him, want to serve Him.  Ephesians 2:10 says:  "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."  In Philippians 2:13, Paul wrote:  "For it is God Who worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."  Here are several verses that indicate His children are to serve Him:

*  Matthew 4:10 - "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan:  for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve."
*  John 12:26 - "If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be:  if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor."
*  Acts 27:23 - "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, Whose I am, and Whom I serve."
*  Romans 1:9 - "For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit in the Gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers."
*  Romans 7:6 - "But now we are delivered from the Law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."
*  Romans 7:25 - "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
*  Colossians 3:24 - "Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance:  for ye serve the Lord Christ."
*  1 Thessalonians 1:9 - "For they themselves show of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God."
*  2 Timothy 1:3 - "I thank God, Whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day."
*  Hebrews 9:14 - "How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
*  Hebrews 12:28 - "Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."
*  Revelation 7:14-15 - "And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.   Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them."
*  Revelation 22:3 - "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him."

WE ARE NOT SAVE BY WORKS,
BUT THE SAVED WANT TO SERVE THEIR SAVIOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment