APART FROM THE WORK OF GOD IN US, WE ARE NOTHING!
Our relationship to God, as our Father, is totally the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit! Salvation is God's gift to us! We are heirs of God because He adopted us as His children; a child does not earn adoption, but benefits from the love of the parents! We are guided by the Holy Spirit, to desire to do what pleases God! And we are sealed as God's child until the day we are made like Him! Check out these verses:
* Romans 8:14-15 - "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
* 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 - "Now He Who establisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest (down payment) of the Spirit in our hearts."
* Galatians 4:4-6 - "But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the Law, to redeem them that were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."
* Ephesians 1:3-7 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: according as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved. In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."
* Ephesians 1:13-14 - "In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Who is the earnest (down payment) of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory."
* Ephesians 2:8-10 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
* Philippians 1:6 - "Being confident of this very thing, that He Who hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
* Philippians 2:13 - "For it is God Who worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."
* Colossians 1:12-14 - "Giving thanks unto the Father, Who hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins."
* 1 Peter 1:3-5 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
TO GOD BE THE GLORY; FOR WE DESERVE ETERNITY IN HELL!