THE GOSPEL IS THE GOOD NEWS THAT GOD LOVES US!
* Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the (Gentile)."
* 1 Corinthians 15:1, 2-3 - "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand....For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures...."
* Ephesians 1:12-13 - "...we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ. In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."
* 1 Peter 1:23, 25 - "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever....But the Word of the Lord endureth forever. And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you."
THE ACT THAT MADE THE GOOD NEWS POSSIBLE
* 2 Corinthians 5:19, 21 - "...God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the Word of reconciliation....For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
* Galatians 1:3-5 - "Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: to Whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."
* Hebrews 1:1-3 - "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."
* 1 John 2:1-2 - "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
* 1 John 4:9-10 - "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
Note: "Propitiation" - the atonement necessary to pay our sin debt in full.