JESUS CAME TO PURCHASE US
AND WE SHALL BE DELIVERED TO HIM!
Jesus came to earth to offer Himself as a sacrifice for our sins (2 Cor. 5:21), and with His own blood, He purchased us (Acts 20:28; 1 Cor. 6:20; 7:23; etc.)! Before His Ascension, Jesus promised us He would be back to gather us to heaven (Jn. 14:1-3), and the Apostle Paul taught that the Church would not suffer in the Tribulation (1 Th. 1:10), but would rise to meet Jesus in the air (1 Th. 4:13-18)! So, that means Christ will appear BEFORE the Tribulation to gather His Church, and AFTER the Tribulation to conquer His enemies and to rule on earth for the remaining 1000 years of this world's existence (Rev. 19:11 - 20:15)!
Can you determine which verses below speak of His coming in the clouds for His Church, and which ones refer to His coming to rule in the Millennial Kingdom?
* 1 Corinthians 1:7-8 - "...waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."
* 1 Corinthians 16:22 - "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha." [Note: "Anathema" means "under a great curse" and "Maranatha" means "our Lord cometh or will come."]
* Philippians 3:20 - "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."
* Colossians 3:4 - "When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."
* 1 Thessalonians 1:10 - "...wait for His Son from heaven, Whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."
* Titus 2:13 - "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ."
* Hebrews 9:28 - "So Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."
* Hebrews 10:37 - "For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry."
* James 5:8 - "You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."
* 1 Peter 1:13 - "Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
* 1 John 3:2 - "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been appear what we shall be, but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."
* Revelation 22:20 - "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."