Monday, August 14, 2017

THE GOSPEL OF JOHN'S MESSAGE: BELIEVE!

Here are just thirty-one of the many, many verses in the Gospel of John on believing in Christ:

John 1:12 - "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."

John 3:14-16, 36 - "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:  that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life....He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 5:24 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

John 6:29, 35, 40, 47 - "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him Whom He hath sent....And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:  he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst....And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life:  and I will raise him up at the last day....Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life."

John 7:38-39 - "He that believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  (But this spake He of the Spirit, Whom they that believe on Him should receive:  for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified)."

John 8:24 - "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?  And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee.  And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped Him."

John 11:25-27 - "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:  he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?  She saith unto Him, Yea, Lord:  I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, Who should come into the world."

John 12:44-47 - "Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me.  And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me.  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness.  And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."

John 14:1 - "Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in Me."

John 16:27 - "For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God."

John 17:20-21 - "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; that they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me."

John 20:28-31 - "And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book:  but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name."





No comments:

Post a Comment